Sometimes known as Corn Salad, lamb's lettuce has long spoon-shaped dark leaves and a distinctive, tangy flavour. It is used raw in salads as well as steamed and served as a vegetable. The unusual name reputedly comes from the lettuce's resemblance to the size and shape of a lamb's tongue.
Best from May to November.
Look how healthy it is!
- Lamb'e Lettuce is supercharged with vitamin C
- provides 14 times as much pro-vitamin A as iceberg lettuce.
- Vitamin B for a healthy metabolism, cognitive development, immune function, and skin.
- provides almost as much iron as spinach.
- is packed with heart healthy nutrients.
Amount per 100 grams (3.5 oz)
% Daily Value
A superb source of pro-vitamin A
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
An excellent dietary source of pyridoxine
A concentrated source of vitamin C
A good source of potassium
The amounts in the nutrition facts table above are based on data provided by the USDA SR-21. The table is not comprehensive, i.e. mache lettuce may also contain other nutrients and phytochemicals not included in the chart. The Daily Values are based on recommendations for a 2,000 calorie reference diet. Your actual daily needs for various nutrients may be different depending on your calorie needs.